Thomas is looking for an experienced Technology Project Manager to lead the technology initiatives that will help us continue to grow and develop our brands.
- The Technology Project Manager will lead Agile/Scrum projects for every phase of the software development lifecycle
- Work with business stakeholders to ensure timely delivery within scope and budget
- Implement project management best practices
- Experience leading technology projects using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management principles, concepts and practices.
- Technology Project Manager will have thorough knowledge of system development methods
- Thorough knowledge of advanced concepts and basic operating principles of data communications and information systems hardware and software
To perform this job successfully, the Technology Project Manager will:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, a high level of business experience and knowledge of project methodology
- Be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Resolve conflicting high-priority requirements
- Communicate the needs of other business lines effectively
- Gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Conduct training and informational sessions.
- Communicate effectively, build consensus, facilitate working sessions, and negotiate solutions and alternatives.
Technology Project Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related studies
- 5+ years handling full life-cycle projects
- Experience using computer technology in applications or systems programming, computer systems development, web development, database administration, or planning of data processing
- PMP Certification desirable
- Scrum master certification is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated results in managing software and web development projects
Who is Thomas?
At Thomas, our mission is to help B2B buyers and industrial suppliers grow their businesses and their careers. We do so by providing the information, solutions and guidance they need to successfully navigate the digital industrial economy. Our vision is to be the daily go-to resource for industry. We do so by offering its buying and selling community a constant stream of unique and proprietary information, data, analysis and tools that help them make smarter business decisions. These include THOMASNET.com, the largest Product Sourcing and Supplier Selection platform with over 500,000 North American suppliers and more than 6 million products. We also provide award-winning full-service marketing services, digital product data syndication solutions, and have built more than 5,000 websites for industrial manufacturers and distributors.
Thomas has been a bedrock resource for the industrial marketplace through good times and bad for over 120 years. No matter how much times and technologies change, our value holds true. While we are proud of our past, we are thoroughly committed to driving the future for our customers, our industry and our employees.
Do you have what it takes to be a Technology Project Manager? Apply today!