As a Junior Support Engineer, your role will be multifaceted and hands-on as you are the first point of contact for individuals seeking IT related technical assistance! A successful candidate will have superior customer service skills and is interested in using their experience to support employees and field sales for an entrepreneurial leader in the digital space!
This position is based in New York City with 10% travel to Horsham, PA.
In this role you will:
- Serve as first point of contact (Tier 1 HelpDesk) for the company’s users.
- Answer HelpDesk phone and create tickets in the HelpDesk system, resolving issues when possible and escalating where appropriate.
- Resolve common PC and Mac client issues via phone, remote control, or deskside visits.
- Set up new user hardware, software, e-mail, and network accounts, as well as coordinate any desk moves.
- Resolve common network, telephone, and e-mail issues, such as unlocking accounts and resetting passwords as necessary.
- Uphold IT service level agreements regarding desktop and telephone support.
- Perform troubleshooting on printers, mobile computing devices, scanners and other devices.
- Update software and hardware asset databases.
- Perform patch management and software updates on desktops.
- Provide necessary reporting on support activities to IT management.
- Assist other IT team members in the delivery of support and administration of company systems.
- Suggest end-user documentation and knowledgebase articles, to senior staff, and create said articles at management’s discretion.
- Assist in evaluation and deployment of new systems and technologies.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all departments to optimize effective communications and customer service.
- Maintain current technical expertise and utilize state-of-the-art techniques when implementing solutions.
- 1- 2 years of experience in supporting desktop technology in a corporate environment
- Superior customer relationship skills, positive attitude, and excellent communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the following: Google Apps, Microsoft Windows (7 and 10), macOS, Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Some knowledge and experience with various web-based SaaS solutions.
- Some knowledge and experience with ChromeOS and Linux are a plus.
- Experience with a variety of mobile computing platforms (iOS, Android)
- Hands-on experience diagnosing printers and peripherals
- Strong technical aptitude, with the ability and desire to independently learn new technologies.
- Working familiarity with basic Active Directory administration, printer hardware and queue administration, networking concepts including; Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, and file sharing.
- Must have a sense of urgency, with a desire to be a part of a results-oriented team.
- Desire to constantly elevate the quality and level of service delivered to the staff.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or a related field is required
- Certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, or other, are a plus
- Able to travel to Horsham, PA 10% of the time