Use Your Engineering Skills to Manage Interesting Web-Based Projects!
If you are a degreed engineer this might be your great first job out of school! We are looking to hire a Junior Content Engineer with a strong interest in project management and a good knowledge base of manufacturing processes to join our growing team!
This entry-level position in our New York City HQ is a great chance to apply your engineering skills in a different way — creating online industrial product catalogs at an internet marketing company that services the manufacturing industry. You’ll expand your know-how beyond straight engineering, working with clients to help them strengthen their internet presence while developing your internet tech skills.
Day-to-day Responsibilities include:
- Interface with clients from contract through completion of catalog:
- Based on client input, create a catalog design plan for use by ThomasSpec.
- Act in a consultative role to advise Production team on the best approach for authoring their catalog with regard to technical requirements – such as category structure, product name/description, searchable attribute fields, etc.
- Work with the customer to gather source materials suitable for the catalog authoring process, including paper catalogs, MS Excel data, and product imagery, etc.
- Interface with data creation staff and external vendors to achieve client satisfaction:
- Provide technical direction and guidance to produce the data in accordance with the catalog design plan.
- Perform quality control reviews to assure high quality standards. If catalog doesn’t meet QC standards, return project to creation staff for rework.
- Provide feedback to assist in authoring process and creation tool improvements.
- Engage in constant communication with process managers:
- Provide information on project status, schedule, and costs.
- Provide feedback as necessary to communicate suggested improvements to the process and / or toolset.
- Recent graduates with one year experience in an engineering design, development, or production environment preferred (can be internships.)
- Familiarity with the specification and operation of mechanical and electrical components and systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (concentration in mechanical or manufacturing preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to summarize and communicate important data. Technical writing experiences a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Ability to function well in a detail and deadline oriented production environment.
- Superb interpersonal skills, able to provide high level customer service to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders