Are you looking to move beyond just using your development skills to applying them to helping create an awesome experience?
We are looking for an experienced full stack engineer to join the Thomas platform development team. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience building publicly facing, large scale web applications contributing to the creation of robust products from the user interface back through the stack to the services necessary to support them. As a Thomas Full Stack Engineer, you’ll be a key member of our agile Platform Engineering Team. We pride ourselves on getting things done, so the ability to create the best-fit technical solutions to meet product and business needs, along with strong self-motivation and drive, are essential. Our development team works closely with the product team in a fast paced, iterative, collaborative environment building core functionality and laying the groundwork for our latest products and services.
What you’ll do as our Full Stack Engineer:
- Develop compelling, highly usable application functionality, services and APIs using state-of-the art tools and technologies like React, Angular, Node.js, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, Solr, various SQL and NoSQL databases, Serverless, Docker and much more
- Work effectively in a professional development environment including use of source control, unit testing, continuous build and integration, and deployment via devops-style collaboration with infrastructure team
- Balance technical elegance with practical necessity to produce compelling technology that provides durable and lasting value
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience, with at least 2 years in web application development
- Strong coding skills in one or more of the following: Node.js, Java, C#, Go
- Fluency in one or more of the following web application technologies: .Net, Java EE, Node JS (express, etc) or PHP.
- Experience with database systems including one or more of the following: RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server), NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Dynamo, …)
- Strong grounding in computer science fundamentals
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Strong scripting and automation skills using one of the following: Node JS, Python, PHP, Linux shell
- Experience with Amazon AWS infrastructure and services is a plus
- Knowledge of Serverless application architecture is a plus
- Ability to work in our NYC office (not a remote position)
- A great attitude and joy in continually learning, growing and sharing your technical skills
Who we are:
- A collaborative & close-knit team working together in our NYC headquarters. We believe there is no substitute for in-person collaboration within and amongst the engineering team and the product team as a whole
- A team that takes pride in our work and shares responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs
- A competitive comp and benefits package, including great pay, 401k, full benefits and generous time off
- Random acts of Team Thomas fun including happy hours, wellness competitions, holiday events, and more.
A little more about us:
- For more than 120 years, Thomas has been an integral part in the way industrial buyers and sellers connect and communicate. Today, Thomas continues this legacy with an innovative array of internet marketing, content development, and technology solutions designed to help industrial manufacturers share critical product and service information throughout the sourcing and purchasing process.
Want to be join our team as a Full Stack Engineer? Apply today!