Thomas is looking for a Data Scientist to help build a world-class data team that will support and guide Thomas’ business strategy and operations. The right candidate will be a problem solver who is obsessive about all things data, and is enthusiastic about working with cutting-edge techniques, technologies and applications.
The Thomas Data Analytics team uses data-driven insights to fuel strategic growth for clients. You will apply your knowledge and skills in driving insights across our product platforms to come up with data powered solutions for our clients. We believe that our data should be put to work to bring the best ideas and stories to our clients!
You’ll solve complex marketing and business challenges – from cross-channel media and customer experience optimization, targeting and business strategy – by accessing, integrating, manipulating, mining, modeling a wide array of data sources.
This is an opportunity to work with a newly assembled team of data analysts, engineers and architects to establish best practices and processes as we transition to a data-focused organization, and will involve working with petabyte-scale data across a diverse set of data platforms. A key goal in the near future is creation of a data lake across our industry platforms to facilitate deeper analysis and bring sophisticated data tools and methods to bear in order to more effectively anticipate industry trends and events.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistical Analysis or Economics
- Familiarity with statistical analysis/modeling, data science and/or data design and development of actionable advanced analytical solutions that provide insights to decision makers
- Hands-on experience mining data for decision focused insights
- Ability to design complex systems and translate user requirements into business solutions
- Background in predictive modeling and machine learning
- 2 years of experience with open source machine learning or statistical analysis tools
- Experienced in at least one programming language (Java, Python, Scala, R)
- Guru level experience with query tools and languages including SQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases and related tools
- Experience with Amazon AWS big data and machine learning technologies a plus (RedShift, Sagemaker, Comprehend etc.)
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to guide and lead a data analytics team of 5 – collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues in product management and executive leadership groups
- Ability to gauge the complexity of machine learning problems and a willingness to execute simple approaches for quick effective solutions as appropriate
- Sharing knowledge, debating techniques, and conducting research to advance collective knowledge and skills of our practices
- Demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment