Thomas is looking for a Data Engineer to help take our platform data operations to a new level.
The Thomas Data Engineer will be instrumental in creating large-scale data-driven solutions that provide powerful insight into the industrial economy and how it is modeled in our technology platform. This is an opportunity to work with a newly assembled team of data analysts, engineers and architects to establish best practices and processes as we transition to a data-focused organization. The right Data Engineer candidate will be a problem solver who is obsessive about improving the quality of our data and tools and increasing scale. You will wrangle data from large and diverse data sets including platform user behavior, contextual signals, company profiles, product profiles, advertising and revenue data and transform it into valuable datamarts that provide insights and value to our customers and platform users.
What you’ll do as our Data Engineer:
- Design, implement and manage ETL processes across a diverse landscape of data sources and related systems
- Configure and operate data storage and management solutions and processes
- Design and implement automation strategies for data-related processes
- As part of the Data & Analytics team, collaborate with cross-functional participants to solve complex marketing and business challenges by locating, integrating, manipulating, mining and modeling data across a broad array of data sources
- Take ownership of optimization, testing and tools to maximize data quality
- Collaborate with the platform engineering team through an agile product development process
- Work effectively in a professional development environment including use of source control, unit testing, continuous build and integration, and deployment via devops-style collaboration with infrastructure team
What you bring to our Data Engineer position:
- BS in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Operation Research, or related fields with 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Working knowledge of traditional data storage, relational databases, SQL, and ETL tools
- Experience with data profiling, data validation, optionally data imputation techniques
- Hands-on experience mining data for decision focused insights
- Experienced in at least one programming language (Java, Python, Scala, R)
- Guru level experience with query tools and languages including SQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases and related tools
- Experience with Amazon AWS big data technologies a plus (RedShift, data pipelines, DynamoDB etc.)
- Ability to work in our NYC office (not a remote position)
- A great attitude and joy in continually learning, growing and sharing your technical skills
Who we are and what we offer:
- A collaborative & close-knit team working together in our NYC headquarters. We believe there is no substitute for in-person collaboration within and amongst the engineering team and the product team as a whole
- A team that takes pride in our work and shares responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs
- A competitive comp and benefits package, including great pay, 401k, full benefits and generous time off
- Random acts of Team Thomas fun including happy hours, wellness competitions, holiday events, and more.
Want to become our new Data Engineer? Get in touch today!