Thomas is looking for a self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented candidate who is interested in building a career while helping to grow the business. The Business Development Representative will be responsible to follow up on Marketing Qualified Leads as well as prospect into target companies to set appointments for the inside and outside sales teams.
This is an opportunity to sell a suite of integrated digital advertising and marketing solutions designed to help American Manufacturers grow their businesses and get exposure to industry’s most active and qualified network of buyers and specifiers.
We provide the right tools and training to help you grow your career; your success is our success!
What will the job entail?
- Provide qualified sales ready leads to the Inside and Outside sales teams
- Identify and qualify the key aspects of a potential lead, including need, time frame and decision-maker
- Introduce Thomas’s solutions and educate on the value of those solutions
- Understand customers business drivers, goals, and challenges
- Document prospect conversations and update Salesforce.com with clear and concise notes
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills; candidates need to be very comfortable on the phone
- Work effectively in a team environment, meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Provide feedback to Management and Marketing team; collaborating to improve quality of demand generation campaigns
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with the Sales organization
- First year potential earnings can be up to $65,000
- Minimum 1 year of sales experience (inside sales is a plus!)
- Proven track record in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Active listening skills to understand prospects needs, wants and current situation
- Driven and competitive contributor who envisions themselves elevating their career with Thomas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Ability to work with Midwest-West coast hours (10:30-7:30pm EST)
Want to know a little more? Thomas is headquartered in the heart of New York City. For over 120 years, we have helped B2B buyers and industrial suppliers grow their businesses and their careers. Our marketing solutions include native advertising on the world’s #1 platform for supplier selection and product sourcing, as well as display advertising, SEO, PPC, content marketing, website development, and social media. For product manufacturers, Thomas offers comprehensive product data solutions that gets product specified and purchased.